Saturday, July 10, 2010

are your dishes done?

Yesterday Mike had the day off work to work today (Saturday) instead. Not being able to sleep, he snuck out of bed at 6:00am and started the work around the house he wanted to accomplish yesterday. He started with some paint touch-ups on the truck which he had begun last weekend.

In the meantime, I got up with the kids, fed Paityn, and started preparing the pancake-and-blueberry-sauce breakfast that the boys and I had decided on the night before. I sent the boys to the garage door to tell Mike: "15 minutes until breakfast is ready!" Suddenly, said door flew open (no boys in the way) and I saw Mike in the back entrance making funny noises and his arms flailing. I really thought he was goofing off with the boys because they were running from him. As my ears processed the funny noises Mike was making I realized what he was saying: "MY EYE! MY EYE!"

I look up from the pancake batter and see him with red streaming down his face from his eye. "What happened?" Our truck is red. He dripped automotive paint in his eye.

This is a lesson in always having your dishes done (I did, thankfully) and not a sink full of dirty ones. It became an eyewash station very quickly. Except that Mike has eye issues. Serious eye issues. He cannot/will not open his eyes under water and also has really tight eyelids (weird, eh?). We managed to rinse all the paint from his eye and he's having no issues with his sight. (Baby shampoo came in handy too -- maybe we should add a wee bottle to our first aid kit.)

Hooray! (more thankfulness)

(have you heard the story about the splinter in his eye? more drama...)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails