I'm a snoop. I find it really interesting to see what other people purchase -- especially on the conveyor belt at the grocery store. Today was no exception. Her choices for her kids lunches were glaring at me and I felt sick to my stomach knowing those kids were being sent to school everyday with a lunch bag full of all that crap. Rice Krispie Treats, Pop Tarts, Pizza Pops, Gushers, Bear Paws, Kool-Aid, Dole Parfaits; FOUR boxes of each.
I promptly went home and baked my Omega-3 Chocolate Chip Cookies (really: I wrote this recipe).
1/3 cup margarine/butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 Omega enriched eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup oats
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup ground flax
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat margarine & sugar until well combined.
3. Add eggs, vanilla, continue to beat until smooth.
4. Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl and add to wet ingredients, stirring by hand.
5. Stir in chocolate chips & walnuts.
6. Drop by tablespoons onto parchment lined baking sheets, flattening slightly.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden.
Bake from scratch: it's healthier and cheaper and your kids will remember the love you baked for them forever.