Friday, December 17, 2010

Starbucks Lemon Loaf

Okay! Please excuse the quiet and work-in-progress blog but here is your Starbucks Lemon Loaf for all of you who requested it (and those who wished silently) on Facebook!

This makes one large loaf. I usually double the recipe and divide into three loaves.

This is straight from my mom; cut and pasted from her email. Now the fine print: when Mom makes it in Manitoba, it's a beautiful, light, fluffy, rounded loaf. When I make it in Alberta, it's a brick in the pan but still light and fluffy on the inside. We cannot figure out why it does not 'round' when I make it. If yours is nice and loaf-like, well, all the power to you! Enjoy!

Starbucks Lemon Loaf

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp butter(or hard margarine) softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon extract ( I used lemon zest)
1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (I used Realemon)
1/2 cup vegetable oil

In large bowl combine dry ingredients.
In separate bowl blend eggs, sugar, vanilla, lemon extract, and lemon juice together with electric mixer. Pour mixture into dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Add oil and mix well. Pour into a well greased 9x5 loaf pan and bake at 350 F for 45 min or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan. I always use wax paper instead of greasing the pan.

I mix it the conventional way....not oil at end but what did you do? I just can't figure out why it flops.

1 comment:

Terri @ em-belle-ish.blogspot.com said...

Your blog looks amazing! How did you make the blog title like that? And the background... are you using something other than blogger?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails