Tuesday, February 1, 2011

tag-up tuesday

It's Tag-Up Tuesday again! The day when I check in with you and show you my progress on projects (or lack thereof) and get set for another week of creating. And you feel all inspired because I have waaaay too much on the go and your list is much more attainable.

The nursing aprons and receiving blankets are still two piles of fabric. I'm just not getting to those. hmmn.

Snuggle Down Baby Quilt -- for a girl from the 'thinking' post: not a lot of change here. I can show you the preliminaries: charm squares pieced and fabrics temporarily placed. I think this is how it's going to come together. Those extra squares will be some shabby flowers just like the ones on Paityn's little quilt. It's been bumped for the next project. read on...

The 2nd Snuggle Down Baby Quilt for the brand new little boy -- the fabric was purchased, it's been cut to pieces and I've started putting it back together. I thought I'd try something new and tackled the Disappearing Nine Patch quilt pattern. It's pretty impressive looking without being too complicated to execute. Here's a sample and tutorial (in case you want to try it for yourself) from P.S. I Quilt. Nice, eh. Here's my start:

The nine patches...

...disappeared.

The blocks now sit precariously waiting final approval to be sewn into a quilt top. Approval is actually just me walking by the table 200 times along my daily tasks and liking the layout every.single.time. That's all. Truth is I'm so picky about patterns touching each other (they can't!), that these blocks can't be moved at all. Really. I've tried.


A quick project to interlude to this quilt is a little girl's ruffly apron and some nice pony-o's for a birthday party gift (Carter's first school-mate birthday party). It's cut out already and shouldn't take more than an hour to complete.

And the very last project (newly added, I might add) is a Home Organization Journal. Sounds fun, doesn't it? Sounds official and useful too. Sounds like a break from sewing. I do need those sometimes. Check out the fun on A Bowl Full of Lemons. Now, I know I've got projects to do before this journal. I promised myself that this would wait, must wait until next week when we're home all week. Carter has Winter Break from school so there's no need to go out... no reason to go out. And that's a good feeling in the cold, Canadian north. (Yippee!) and we're going to give Logan another try at potty training. (Yipp-- oh. yippee.) It's gonna happen this time though. It will I tell you. It will.

Okay! gather your projects, TAG-UP and GO!

1 comment:

Terri @ em-belle-ish.blogspot.com said...

Wahoo, you go girl! Still drooling over that quilt! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails