It's our new favourite and you must try -- especially if you're a peanut butter lover!
The original recipe for Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies is from Kraft Canada and here's my version (because I can never leave a recipe alone).
Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1-1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup butter/margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups quick oats
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat peanut butter and butter with sugars until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, oats and baking soda. Add to peanut butter mixture, stir until just combined and stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls, 1 inch apart on parchment lined baking sheets (or use your little tiny icecream scoop with the scraper thingy inside).
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes (my oven does them perfectly in 8 min) until centres are just set. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes and cool completely on wire racks.
All three boys have been eating these so fast, I swear they're inhaling them. My changes to the recipe just 'health it up' a bit with more oats and whole wheat flour instead of all purpose. It does make for a heartier cookie but I found the original recipe tasted too buttery almost. TOO BUTTERY, think that's possible?