Monday, October 5, 2009

a little more sewing

I was wanting to make one of these little numbers for a while -- especially after seeing them in the Cath Kidston catalogue (which you should have delivered to your door -- it's so pretty! and free.)

First I found this tutorial using French seams but decided to take the sewing plunge with this tutorial first. I'm quite happy with my finished product -- so much so that I can't decide what to put in it. I do know that I need a bigger one to house diapers, wipes and a change pad in my bag while on the go.

The "blue with cherries" fabric is authentic Mary Englebreit and the lining is a lovely green plaid left over from sewing curtains, bedding and such for the nursery before Carter was born. I finally found a project to add the cherry ribbon I found at Michael's so long ago.

(my! my camera takes crappy pics of these kinds of things...)

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails